Back in black
Ten years after Dale Earnhardt's death, Kevin Harvick embraces his role as No. 3's heir
- Olaf Hauschulz for ESPN The MagazineHarvick has a new-look ride and is embracing a new role.
This story appears in the Feb. 21, 2011, issue of ESPN The Magazine.
Kevin Harvick glides a right hand over the left front fender of his Chevy. He nods just a little and grins before finally looking up at the photographers who are waiting to capture the 35-year-old and his shiny new ride. Between camera flashes he shouts to them, almost rhetorically, "That black looks pretty badass, doesn't it?"
Indeed it does.
To read the rest of Ryan McGee's story on how Kevin Harvick is finally embracing his role as the heir to Dale Earnhardt, become an ESPN Insider today!
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Creighton's McDermott goes over 3K in win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN The Magazine: February 21, 2011
Check out ESPN The Magazine's February 21, 2011 issue below.