20 famous Tour de France moments
A collection of indelible images from the world's most famous bike race
Unless you live in the Pyrenees, chances are the Tour de France isn't a big "go to the bar with your friends" event for you. (If it is, though, more power to you.) But as the stages unfold, odds are it will gradually become a bigger part of your everyday conversations. If you know absolutely nothing about cycling -- for shame -- we suggest consulting the goods below. It is a collection of 20 famous Tour de France moments done under the umbrella of "Clip Reel," a concept that lived at ESPNTheMag.Com prior to its super-content merger with ESPN Insider. Enjoy.
(1) Everyone knows that even though it's awkward to laugh, people falling down is funny. So, we'll open with the Top 10 Tour de France wipeouts of all-time.
(2) This is probably the best list of famed Tour moments for non-cycling fans.
(3) The slug of this clip is "Best Tour de France footage ever filmed?" and while that might be up for debate, it's certainly in the discussion. It's 3.17 seconds of quality cinematic video.
(4) Greg LeMond vs. Laurent Fignon in 1989 was epic. Check out how fast LeMond is riding his bike.To check out the other 16 moments, including some Lance Armstrong goodness, you must be an ESPN Insider.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Hall, Sherman exchange barbs via Twitter
- Lions retain Pettigrew with 4-year contract
- Redskins sign Hatcher away from Cowboys
- Thunder fire back to rout Lakers in rematch