Playoff Power Meter: Wings No. 1
Detroit holds a comfortable cushion in the final regular-season rankings
It's obvious that the 2011-12 Detroit Red Wings aren't as good the 2007-08 squad that won the Stanley Cup. I say this because this season's team doesn't exhibit the sheer dominance the Wings have shown in previous years. In fact, they finished third in their division. And they've won just five of their past 17 games.
But don't let this team fool you. The Red Wings have the characteristics of a Stanley Cup winner -- more so than any other club in NHL. But this time around, they aren't a juggernaut. They are strong but vulnerable.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
- Maple Leafs sign Winnik to 1-year contract
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Franklin Boston Bruins Kids' Uniform Set