Last of the 60-goal scorers?
Steven Stamkos may be final skater to top the 60 mark
Steven Stamkos is virtually a lock to win the Rocket Richard trophy, given to the NHL's leading goal scorer. The Tampa Bay Lightning sniper has 50 tallies on the season, five more than his closest rival (Evgeni Malkin), and if he can manage 10 goals in his remaining nine games he will become just the second player in 11 seasons to hit the 60-goal mark.
It's tough to argue that there is a more electrifying young center in the NHL with a higher offensive ceiling than Stamkos (with the exception of a healthy Sidney Crosby), but is it probable that he will add a 60-goal season to his already impressive résumé?
To read the full story from Neil Greenberg, plus access all of ESPN Insider's daily NHL content, become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Neal banned five for intentional knee
- Malkin scores in return as Pens top Jackets
- Senators' Spezza scores SO winner vs. Flyers
- Penguins place Orpik on IR with concussion
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Tampa Bay Lightning Martin St. Louis #26 Away White Premier Jersey