Conn Smythe: Lundqvist leads
Rangers goalie has carried his team to the second round
Editor's note: These rankings are based on player production in terms of Hockey Prospectus' GVT valuation metric. If you are unfamiliar with GVT and how it works, you can find more here.
Each year the NHL awards the Conn Smythe Trophy to the most valuable player during the Stanley Cup playoffs. And each year since 2010, Hockey Prospectus' GVT metric has been able to accurately forecast the award winner. So, with one round of the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs in the book, who holds the early lead in the postseason MVP race? If you've been following the Washington Capitals-New York Rangers seven-game series, it shouldn't come as any surprise.
For the full breakdown of the top 10 performers through Round 1 of the playoffs, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley out for season after collapse
- GM: Tortorella talk 'rumor and speculation'
- Backlund, Flames bombard struggling Ducks
- Bruins streak past Canadiens for 6th in row
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's Boston Bruins Zdeno Chara #33 Player Replica Black T-Shirt