Trade deadline playoff ramifications
What the deals, or no deals, mean for the Rangers, Capitals and Predators
The trade deadline went out not with a bang, but a whimper. Not one top-six forward, top-pair blueliner nor a single netminder was moved. Rick Nash stayed in Columbus. Ryan Suter stayed in Nashville. All told, just 16 trades involving 32 players and 11 draft picks were made. With more inaction than action, how has the playoff race changed?
Can the New York Rangers compete for a Cup without Nash? Can the Washington Capitals make the playoffs after standing pat? How much did the Nashville Predators help themselves? Let's take a look at the numbers and find out.
To read the full story from Neil Greenberg, plus access all of ESPN Insider's daily NHL content, become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Blues stay on top with 3rd-period barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's New York Rangers Mark Messier #11 Sawyer Stone Hoodie