What to expect from traded prospects
Prospects switched teams at the deadline. How will they fare on their new squads?
- AP Photo/Tony GutierrezCody Hodgson (right) has the potential to greatly help his new team, the Buffalo Sabres.
With Monday's trade deadline come and gone, it's time to discuss some of the most notable top NHL prospects or young players who switched hands in the days leading up to the deadline. Notes gathered on the prospects are based on my observations and discussions with scouts and front-office executives.
Cody Hodgson, Center, Vancouver to Buffalo
Hodgson has had quite an interesting prospect career, with the highs of a great World Junior performance and the lows of serious injuries. Of all the major prospects to change places leading up to the deadline, he is the best.
To read about what to expect from the top prospects traded at the deadline, plus gain access to all of ESPN Insider's NHL rumors and trade deadline content, sign up today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Rangers' Lundqvist wins 300th, blanks Wings
- Kings cruise past Oilers for 7th straight win
- B's tame Panthers, season-best streak at 5
- Stars call up goalie with Lehtonen in limbo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Toddler Boston Bruins Full-Zip Black Coverall
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs