Player Ranks: Chicago's conundrum
The Blackhawks have two top-four skaters but have lost their past five games
- AP Photo/Nam Y. HuhJonathan Toews is banged up but remains the No. 2 skater in the latest rankings.
Editor's note: These rankings are based on player production in terms of Hockey Prospectus' GVT valuation metric. If you are unfamiliar with GVT and how it works, you can find more here.
Every Monday until the end of the season, Prospectus will provide updated Player Power Rankings for the top 10 skaters and top five goalies in the NHL based on HP's proprietary value metric, GVT, which includes offensive, defensive and shootout components.
After this past week, the Chicago Blackhawks have two skaters ranked in the top four despite losing their past five games, and Los Angeles' Jonathan Quick finally relinquishes the No. 1 ranking among goalies.
For the full breakdown of the top 10 skaters and top five goalies in the NHL, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Rangers' Lundqvist wins 300th, blanks Wings
- Kings cruise past Oilers for 7th straight win
- B's tame Panthers, season-best streak at 5
- Stars call up goalie with Lehtonen in limbo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Levelwear Youth Boston Bruins Motion Blur Charcoal T-Shirt
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs