Player Ranks: Malkin vaults to top
Evgeni Malkin's six-goal, three-assist week earns him the No. 1 skater ranking
- AP Photo/Gene J. PuskarA 5.3 GVT week for Evgeni Malkin and four wins for the Pens is certainly reason to smile.
Editor's note: These rankings are based on player production in terms of Hockey Prospectus' GVT valuation metric. If you are unfamiliar with GVT and how it works, you can find more here.
Every Monday until the end of the season, Prospectus will provide updated Player Power Rankings for the top 10 skaters and top five goalies in the NHL based on HP's proprietary value metric, GVT, which includes offensive, defensive and shootout components.
This past week, Pittsburgh's Evgeni Malkin went off for six goals, three assists and 5.3 GVT, vaulting him from just outside the top 10 last week into the top slot among skaters in the rankings. Meanwhile, there's subtle movement among goalies, but Los Angeles' Jonathan Quick continues to hold the top spot.
For the full breakdown of the top 10 skaters and top five goalies in the NHL, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars honor Cup hero Modano, retire jersey
- Caps score 3 times in 3rd, rally past Coyotes
- Lupul nets OT winner as Leafs defeat Flyers
- Smith lifts Bruins past Lightning in shootout
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Boston Bruins Milan Lucic #17 Player Replica Black T-Shirt
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs