A possession problem for Ducks
Anaheim's inability to control the puck has fueled its franchise-worst start
- Jerome Miron/US PresswireEven with talented stars like Corey Perry, the Ducks have struggled to control the puck.
The Anaheim Ducks are off to their worst start in franchise history, and while the early struggles of some teams can be explained by having some bad puck luck, the disappointments in Anaheim are endemic and should be coming as absolutely no surprise. Will new coach Bruce Boudreau help? Probably not. In fact, the Ducks might finish as the league's worst team this season. However, the Ducks are onto something else that might help turn the franchise around.
To read the complete story of why Anaheim is struggling and what it will take for the Ducks to recover, plus all of ESPN Insider's daily NHL content, sign up today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Crosby fuels early flurry as Pens clip Caps
- Kings corral Flames to extend streak to 8
- Avs take fifth in 6 on Duchene's goal in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Anaheim Ducks Dart Cabinet
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs