Playoff Power Meter: A Dallas decline
History shows Stars' success in standings won't translate to postseason
The Dallas Stars are leading the Pacific Division with 31 points right now, which is a bit unexpected. They not only lost Brad Richards in the offseason, which sapped their star power, but they are enduring through ownership troubles, which has left them handcuffed when it comes to roster moves.
Despite all that, they are leading the ultra-competitive Pacific, which should elicit some hope.
But don't be fooled. The Stars are currently the antithesis of a Stanley Cup team.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Blues stay on top with 3rd-period barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth New York Islanders Navy Sheen Wristlet