Summer Skate: Colorado Avalanche
After a disappointing 2010-11 season, the Avalanche aren't standing pat
- Jim McIsaac/Getty ImagesMilan Hejduk has been steady, but age will eventually force his career into the shadows.
Using the VUKOTA projection system of Hockey Prospectus, Insider takes the temperature of key players on every NHL team, continuing with Colorado. For a detailed explanation of Prospectus' proprietary GVT value metric, read more here.
Summer Skate -- Colorado Avalanche
Colorado came crashing back down to earth after a Cinderella run in 2009-10.
Expectations in Colorado have been tempered as a result, although Greg Sherman's various maneuvers this summer, including the acquisition of Semyon Varlamov for a first-round pick, indicate management is not satisfied with sticking to the status quo.
To read the full story about the Avalanche's summer projections, as well as Insider's complete NHL coverage, sign up for ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars honor Cup hero Modano, retire jersey
- Caps score 3 times in 3rd, rally past Coyotes
- Lupul nets OT winner as Leafs defeat Flyers
- Smith lifts Bruins past Lightning in shootout
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Colorado Avalanche 'Man Cave' Street Sign
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs