Can the Devils return to the Cup?
One step from a title in 2012, Zach Parise might improve his odds elsewhere
- Ed Mulholland/US PresswireZach Parise may be better off chasing the Cup with another team in 2012-13.
Last year, the New Jersey Devils put together an impressive run, going 20-9-1 in the last 30 games, only to end their 13-year streak of qualifying for the postseason. This year, they finished in fourth place in the Atlantic Division, sixth place in the Eastern Conference, and returned to the Stanley Cup finals for the first time since they won it all in 2003.
Now just hours removed from a loss to the Los Angeles Kings in the finals, there are a number of key questions facing the Devils heading into the 2012-13 season. The most important question, however, is: Was this Devils team a fluke?
To read the full story on whether the Devils can make it back to the Stanley Cup finals next season, plus get all of ESPN Insider's NHL content, sign up today and become an Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- GMs debate OT rules, goalies, video replay
- Avs' Stastny out against Jets with sore back
- Rangers' Lundqvist wins 300th, blanks Wings
- Kings cruise past Oilers for 7th straight win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's New Jersey Devils Team Logo Black Practice Flexfit Hat
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs