Final Conn Smythe rankings
With a commanding Stanley Cup Finals lead, it's all Kings atop the list
- Bruce Bennett/Getty ImagesIf Jonathan Quick wins the Conn Smythe, you can't say he didn't go to great lengths to earn it.
The Conn Smythe Watch is our way of using an objective metric -- Hockey Prospectus' GVT -- to determine the most valuable player in the playoffs. And it seems to be a good method, considering GVT has correctly predicted the last two Conn Smythe winners, Jonathan Toews in 2010 and Tim Thomas in 2011.
Like last season, the winner seems fairly clear in 2012. And as the Los Angeles Kings stand on the cusp of becoming one of the best playoff teams in recent history, the biggest contributor to that success is clear.
To see the full top 10 ranking, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- St. Louis on trade: No time to be emotional
- Sabres ruin Stamkos return, Callahan debut
- Kings take 6th straight in Gaborik's debut
- Red Wings retire Lidstrom's No. 5
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's New Jersey Devils 2013 Draft Flex Fit Red Hat
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs