The Blackhawks' main advantage
Shot differential -- a good indicator of postseason success -- swings heavily to Chicago
When you think of teams that win the Stanley Cup, you usually come back to these main trends: quality goaltending, reliable defense and explosive offense. The Chicago Blackhawks, though, are once again proving the importance of one of hockey's most fundamental concepts: good old-fashioned puck control.
If you're a puckhead, you may want to learn about a stat that isn't discussed as often as others and might be one of the biggest indicators of postseason success out there. Then you'll learn why the 'Hawks do it better than anyone else. Sign up for Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Blues stay on top with 3rd-period barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NHL Playoffs On Insider
NHL draft 2010
- Reebok Men's Chicago Blackhawks 2014 NHL Stadium Series Duncan Keith #2 T-Shirt