The Blackhawks' main advantage
Shot differential -- a good indicator of postseason success -- swings heavily to Chicago
When you think of teams that win the Stanley Cup, you usually come back to these main trends: quality goaltending, reliable defense and explosive offense. The Chicago Blackhawks, though, are once again proving the importance of one of hockey's most fundamental concepts: good old-fashioned puck control.
If you're a puckhead, you may want to learn about a stat that isn't discussed as often as others and might be one of the biggest indicators of postseason success out there. Then you'll learn why the 'Hawks do it better than anyone else. Sign up for Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ovechkin nets 4 to key Caps to SO victory
- Rangers' Callahan (knee) to miss 4-6 weeks
- Bruins prevail in Iginla's return to Calgary
- Bettman: Players learning how to hit safely
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NHL Playoffs On Insider
NHL draft 2010
- Reebok Chicago Blackhawks Red Cuffed Knit Pom Hat