PPR: Jonathan Quick takes over No. 1
The Kings' goalie -- with Jonathan Bernier lurking -- tops Player Power Rankings
- Getty ImagesJonathan Quick, seen here during pregame intros at the Staples Center, is hardly hiding in shadows this season; he's dominating.
During the season, the rankings are based on player production in terms of Puck Prospectus' GVT valuation metric. If you are unfamiliar with GVT and how it works, you can find more here.
Because this season is less than a week old, some odd names are near the top here: For example, the highest-ranked member of the Pittsburgh Penguins isn't Sidney Crosby -- it's Brent Johnson. Marian Hossa is ahead of any other teammate on the Chicago Blackhawks.
Check out the full rankings below. We'll be back every Monday with new editions.
For the full breakdown on the top 10 players in the league right now, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Rangers' Lundqvist wins 300th, blanks Wings
- Kings cruise past Oilers for 7th straight win
- B's tame Panthers, season-best streak at 5
- Stars call up goalie with Lehtonen in limbo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Boston Bruins Brad Marchand #63 Sawyer Black Hoodie
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs