Poll: How can the NHL gain popularity?
Players think the game needs more TV exposure (52 percent). "We need something like "Hard Knocks" on HBO," one 10-year vet says. "It shows players are real people, and the drama of getting ready for the season. If we had that, we'd see the impact right away in the stands."
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Blackhawks' Mikita has dementia, family says
- Kane, Sharp lead dominant win over Ducks
- Canucks win in Miller's 1st game vs. Buffalo
- Pens spoil Schneider's 41 saves with OT win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Pro pucksters give the cold, hard facts on everything from lost teeth to Gary Bettman.
1. Who's the NHL's best player?
2. What is the best franchise?
3. Who's the smartest coach?
4. Should the NHL eliminate some teams?
5. Which team has the best ice?
6. Who's the top ref?
7. Who has the best visitors' locker room?
8. Who has the best groupies?
9. Who's the best fighter?
10. Who's the dirtiest player?
11. Who has the hottest spouse?
12. Do you think you have any gay teammates?
13. Grade Gary Bettman, A through F, on the job he's doing as commish.
14. Who has the smartest fans in the NHL
15. Do you think any of your teammates are taking PEDs
16. Are goalie pads too big?
17. Have you ever been approached about fixing the outcome of a game?
18. True or False: Hockey players are missing a lot of teeth.
19. What one change would help the NHL's popularity the most?
20. Who will win the Stanley Cup this year?