Poll: Is Bettman a good commish?
Mr. Bettman is barely passing. He gets zero "A" grades -- and a few "F" grades (16 percent). His GPA, in fact, is a just-getting-by 1.88, somewhere between a D-plus and a C-minus. "He doesn't give guys enough money, and he needs to have more teams in Canada -- that's what drives our league right now," says one recent All-Star.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens erupt for 4 in 3rd period, take 3-1 lead
- Canucks fire coach Vigneault after 7 seasons
- Defenseman Sutton retires after 15 seasons
- Report: Avs in talks to hire Roy as coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Pro pucksters give the cold, hard facts on everything from lost teeth to Gary Bettman.
1. Who's the NHL's best player?
2. What is the best franchise?
3. Who's the smartest coach?
4. Should the NHL eliminate some teams?
5. Which team has the best ice?
6. Who's the top ref?
7. Who has the best visitors' locker room?
8. Who has the best groupies?
9. Who's the best fighter?
10. Who's the dirtiest player?
11. Who has the hottest spouse?
12. Do you think you have any gay teammates?
13. Grade Gary Bettman, A through F, on the job he's doing as commish.
14. Who has the smartest fans in the NHL
15. Do you think any of your teammates are taking PEDs
16. Are goalie pads too big?
17. Have you ever been approached about fixing the outcome of a game?
18. True or False: Hockey players are missing a lot of teeth.
19. What one change would help the NHL's popularity the most?
20. Who will win the Stanley Cup this year?