How do veteran netminders get their gear just right? We let them explain.
This article appears in the Feb. 22 issue of ESPN The Magazine.
"I'll tape at least two new sticks for each game and try them during warmups. That's when I determine if the stick has the right curve. If I can't sit a puck flat on top of the curved blade, that stick is not getting a sniff in a game."
-MARTY TURCO, STARS
To read how Niklas Backstrom, Cam Ward and Manny Legace take care of their gear, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
- Avalanche announce 2-year deal for O'Reilly
- Islanders, Poulin agree to one-year contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Women's Minnesota Wild Playoff Grey T-Shirt