How do veteran netminders get their gear just right? We let them explain.
This article appears in the Feb. 22 issue of ESPN The Magazine.
"I'll tape at least two new sticks for each game and try them during warmups. That's when I determine if the stick has the right curve. If I can't sit a puck flat on top of the curved blade, that stick is not getting a sniff in a game."
-MARTY TURCO, STARS
To read how Niklas Backstrom, Cam Ward and Manny Legace take care of their gear, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'keep rolling,' outlast NHL-best Blues
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Fleury blanks Capitals as Penguins sweep
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Minnesota Wild Cross-Body Maroon Sheen Purse