Player power rankings: Miller still No. 1
Ryan Miller is wrapping up the Vezina Trophy, while Ilya Bryzgalov vies for the MVP
- Len Redkoles/NHLI/Getty Images Ryan Miller leads the next-closest competitor in Total GVT by 6.6.
The Puck Prospectus metric GVT (goals versus threshold) allows us to compare players at every position to determine who the true leaders are. The GVT rankings are still dominated by goalies in the top 10, including a goalie who appears to be running away with the top spot in the race. Ryan Miller's absurd play has continued, and he tops the rankings yet again. Meanwhile, Ilya Bryzgalov is carrying his team to wins and emerging as a legitimate MVP candidate.
Speaking of players carrying their team, Marian Gaborik has contributed to half of the Rangers' goals and has crept up the rankings to No. 4.
To see which players lead the league on the ice, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- GMs to discuss OT, video review in meetings
- Avs' Stastny out against Jets with sore back
- Rangers' Lundqvist wins 300th, blanks Wings
- Kings cruise past Oilers for 7th straight win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Levelwear Men's Buffalo Sabres Ryan Miller #30 FX Highlight Reel White T-Shirt
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs