It's a long season, but the playoff picture develops early
A few weeks back, Red Wings coach Mike Babcock offered us a tip: "After 20 games, the standings don't change much." He's right. In the past four seasons, 80% of the teams in a playoff spot at the quarter-pole reached the postseason. So here's a playoff preview, November edition.
To read more of E.J. Hradek's playoff preview, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Leafs hire analytics guru Dubas as asst. GM
- Rangers, Zuccarello avoid arbitration with deal
- Stars agree to four-year deal with Roussel
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Boston Bruins Xtra-Lite Pique Performance White Polo