It's a long season, but the playoff picture develops early
A few weeks back, Red Wings coach Mike Babcock offered us a tip: "After 20 games, the standings don't change much." He's right. In the past four seasons, 80% of the teams in a playoff spot at the quarter-pole reached the postseason. So here's a playoff preview, November edition.
To read more of E.J. Hradek's playoff preview, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- King, L.A. agree to 3-year, $5.85 million deal
- Habs add Lacroix, Ramage to coaching staff
- Wild re-sign winger Fontaine to 2-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Boston Bruins Teammate Logo