The Devils have made the most out of every equal opportunity
When goalie Martin Brodeur went down with a season-threatening torn biceps tendon on Nov. 1, the smart money figured the Devils would crumble.
The smart money was wrong. Not only did New Jersey not falter, but it has also compiled the league's fourth-best record. How did that happen?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Blues stay on top with 3rd-period barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's New Jersey Devils Red Xtra-Lite Pique Performance Polo