Doug Weight: Change on the fly
Updated: April 4, 2006, 12:37 PM ETBy David Fleming | ESPN The Magazine
If it hadn't hurt so much, Doug Weight might have smiled at the scene. The centerpiece of a multiplayer deal on Jan. 30 between the Blues and the Hurricanes, Weight was eager to get to know his new Carolina teammates. And so, on their first day off together, he invited the entire team out to dinner in Boston. By the time Weight arrived, 15 hungry hockey players were already seated at a rectangle of pushed-together tables, bulling through a feast of steaks, seafood, potatoes and red wine.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Neal banned five for intentional knee
- Malkin scores in return as Pens top Jackets
- Senators' Spezza scores SO winner vs. Flyers
- Penguins place Orpik on IR with concussion
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Evgeni Malkin #71 Black Knit Hat