6 Things: Is Brett Favre really done?
I'll be surprised if ...
1. ... now that it's "over" (which I don't believe for a second), Favre's occasionally amazing, embarrassing, narcissistic and childish final chapters in New York and Minnesota damage his legacy in some significant way. Remember, all he had to do against the Saints in the NFC Championship Game was take three steps forward and slide, and the Vikes would have been lined up for a field goal to get to the Super Bowl. Instead, he threw another in a long line of infamous picks during the twilight of his career. Did that one pass change Favre's status as a certain first-ballot Hall of Famer and one of the game's all-time greats? Please.
To read the other five things that would surprise David about Brett Favre's retirement, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Source: Pats talking with banned CB Browner
- Lions retain Pettigrew with 4-year contract