6 Things: Is Brett Favre really done?
I'll be surprised if ...
1. ... now that it's "over" (which I don't believe for a second), Favre's occasionally amazing, embarrassing, narcissistic and childish final chapters in New York and Minnesota damage his legacy in some significant way. Remember, all he had to do against the Saints in the NFC Championship Game was take three steps forward and slide, and the Vikes would have been lined up for a field goal to get to the Super Bowl. Instead, he threw another in a long line of infamous picks during the twilight of his career. Did that one pass change Favre's status as a certain first-ballot Hall of Famer and one of the game's all-time greats? Please.
To read the other five things that would surprise David about Brett Favre's retirement, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- 'Beast Mode' pop-up store doing brisk sales
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict
- Player: Seahawks miffed over HGH tests
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
BRETT FAVRE'S FUTURE
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Minnesota Vikings Christian Ponder #7