Brees' health will be tested
If the offensive line can block somebody, the New Orleans offense might not be too bad, writes Len Pasquarelli.
Updated: August 5, 2006, 5:28 PM ETBy Len Pasquarelli | ESPN.com
JACKSON, Miss. -- Here are six observations on the New Orleans Saints, gleaned from the training camp practices of Aug. 4:
1.Given that Sean Payton's brief playing career included stints in the Arena Football League and the CFL, and that he was an assistant for nine seasons each at the college and NFL levels before landing his first head coaching gig, one might surmise that the Saints' rookie sideline boss understands the importance of patience and perseverance. That's good. No cruelty intended here, but Payton is probably going to have to rely heavily on both those qualities in his debut season as a head coach. It's not that the New Orleans roster is devoid of talent. It's just that there isn't enough of it.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
- Pats' Blount cleared of Pittsburgh pot charge
- Peyton hopes to make decision 'soon' on '15
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Toddler Home Game Jersey New Orleans Saints Drew Brees #9