Schottenheimer on the hot seat
Marty Schottenheimer and A.J. Smith must learn to coexist for the good of the Chargers, writes Gary Horton.
It is no secret that these two are not friends, but they should be capable of coexisting without becoming a distraction for an organization with high hopes for the upcoming season.
Schottenheimer is a veteran coach with 186 career regular-season victories, placing him seventh on the all-time list. However, he is 5-12 in the playoffs and has yet to reach a Super Bowl, despite having Super Bowl-caliber teams in Cleveland, Kansas City and now San Diego.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dungy seeks to clarify Sam comments
- Chargers, Woodhead agree to 2-year deal
- Rights group blasts Giants' hiring of Tyree
- Johnson at Texans' HQ Monday, sources say
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Men's San Diego Chargers Ghost Watch