Vick, coaches not on same page
Atlanta's postseason hopes likely rest on Michael Vick's relationship with his coaches, writes Jeremy Green.
I have experience in this area. I came to the Cleveland Browns the year after Tim Couch was drafted. Couch had played in a shotgun system at Kentucky. The offense relied on a lot of short, quick throws. The offense in Cleveland consisted of a vertical passing game based off five- and seven-step drops. Head coach Chris Palmer believed he could make Couch fit the system.
Mora and Knapp didn't draft Vick, but feel he can adapt to their offensive system. Unfortunately, like Couch in Cleveland, Vick has struggled mightily to adapt to a West Coast offense.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response
- Cowboys sign OT Smith to $110M contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Julio Jones Wall Graphic