Leftwich is center of attention
Byron Leftwich has taken well to the Jags' new attacking style, and his grasp of the passing game has come surprisingly quickly.
Updated: August 6, 2005, 1:50 PM ETBy Len Pasquarelli | ESPN.com
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Here are five observations on the Jacksonville Jaguars, based on their Aug. 4-5 practices:
1.Step out of the riverfront hotel that served as the media headquarters for Super Bowl XXXIX just seven months ago, walk only a few blocks toward Alltel Stadium, and the caffeine attacks your senses. This city is home to the Maxwell House Coffee Co., and given its proximity to the stadium and the Jacksonville Jaguars' practice fields, it's a wonder that coach Jack Del Rio doesn't have the most wired team in the league.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Giants RB Wilson cleared for full practices
- Pettine: Manziel's behavior will be 'non-story'
- Retirees ask judge to reverse concussion ruling
- Favre not worried about boos at Lambeau
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Jacksonville Jaguars Classic NFL Football Portfolio