Rivers unlikely to challenge Brees
In his first training camp, backup quarterback Philip Rivers is suffering some serious growing pains.
Updated: August 12, 2005, 12:02 PM ETBy John Clayton | ESPN.com
SAN DIEGO -- Here are five observations on the San Diego Chargers, based on their Aug. 8 practice:
1.In his first training camp, backup quarterback Philip Rivers is having some growing pains. Though Rivers is known for his accuracy, he is having good days and bad days in camp. He is throwing too many wobbly passes, and often missing his target.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Gronkowski tears ACL, MCL in knee
- Sherman: Bad calls only reason Seattle lost
- Cards' Mathieu has torn ACL, source says
- Peyton after win: Cold critics can 'shove it'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings San Diego Chargers 3-Piece Grill Tool Set