Rivers unlikely to challenge Brees
In his first training camp, backup quarterback Philip Rivers is suffering some serious growing pains.
Updated: August 12, 2005, 12:02 PM ETBy John Clayton | ESPN.com
SAN DIEGO -- Here are five observations on the San Diego Chargers, based on their Aug. 8 practice:
1.In his first training camp, backup quarterback Philip Rivers is having some growing pains. Though Rivers is known for his accuracy, he is having good days and bad days in camp. He is throwing too many wobbly passes, and often missing his target.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dungy seeks to clarify Sam comments
- Chargers, Woodhead agree to 2-year deal
- Rights group blasts Giants' hiring of Tyree
- Johnson at Texans' HQ Monday, sources say
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's San Diego Chargers Navy League 9Forty Adjustable Hat