Rivers unlikely to challenge Brees
In his first training camp, backup quarterback Philip Rivers is suffering some serious growing pains.
Updated: August 12, 2005, 12:02 PM ETBy John Clayton | ESPN.com
SAN DIEGO -- Here are five observations on the San Diego Chargers, based on their Aug. 8 practice:
1.In his first training camp, backup quarterback Philip Rivers is having some growing pains. Though Rivers is known for his accuracy, he is having good days and bad days in camp. He is throwing too many wobbly passes, and often missing his target.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
- Pats' Blount cleared of Pittsburgh pot charge
- Peyton hopes to make decision 'soon' on '15
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey San Diego Chargers Ryan Mathews #24