Bears hoping to avoid injuries
The Bears are banking on linebackers Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher to wreak havoc in opposing backfields.
A year ago, the Bears' training camp was a mess. Within the first week of camp, more than a dozen players were being treated for groin or hamstring pulls. Hydration was apparently a problem. Brian Urlacher was hurt in the first hour of the first practice, and fought the injury all season. "I think a lot of times reputation will do a lot for you, and Rusty has a history for his total program," Bears coach Lovie Smith said. "He's big on nutrition. He's been talking about hydration from day one."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Broncos' Welker still not cleared to practice
- Marshall almost pulled 'a Dez Bryant' Dec. 1
- Durable Redskins LB Fletcher likely to retire
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Chicago Bears Navy Sideline 2013 Preseason Performance Polo Shirt