Film Notes: The Steelers' Brady plan
Pittsburgh threw off the Patriots' timing and was able to get to Tom Brady
Originally Published: November 4, 2011By Gary Horton | Scouts Inc.
After breaking down film, Scouts Inc. gives its take on what to watch in the NFL this weekend:
1. Do the Steelers have the blueprint for beating Tom Brady? Last week, we finally saw the Steelers defense we've been waiting for. In the process, we may have witnessed the best way to slow New England down. First, Pittsburgh played more man-to-man schemes instead of the zone coverages it usually favors, which allowed the Steelers to blitz more with the front seven. All quarterbacks, including Brady, hate that pressure, especially when it comes from the inside. It seemed to confuse the Patriots and catch them off guard.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
Gary Horton spent 10 years in the NFL as a scout and another 10 years at the college level as an assistant coach and recruiter. He is the founder and most seasoned member of the Scouts Inc. staff, and his extensive experience at all levels of football make him an excellent talent evaluator.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Report: NFL calls for immediate HGH testing
- Pack's Rodgers: Urlacher favorite opponent
- Vick says he's still NFL's fastest quarterback
- Roethlisberger challenges young quarterbacks