Jets are now playoff favorites
New York is wildly inconsistent, but the upswings could be enough
As weird as it would have sounded at the beginning of the season, the New York Jets are in the driver's seat for the last wild-card berth in the AFC.
Yes, that's a statement that is stripped of the depressing context that there isn't really a worthy sixth playoff team in the AFC this year -- but it still rings true. Through 10 weeks, the Jets are the only AFC team that isn't the Denver Broncos or a division leader to be over .500. And their closest competitors for the final spot, the Miami Dolphins, have plenty of issues on the field and off.
But can the Jets hold on and secure the AFC's final wild-card spot?
To read more about whether the New York Jets can make the postseason, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Backup Manziel says he needs to earn way
- Doctors: Jim Kelly has no evidence of cancer
- Texans' Clowney exits practice after collision
- Rams invite Ferguson-area teams to practice
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Away Limited Jersey New York Jets Mark Sanchez #6