The amazing awfulness of the Jags
Meanwhile, the winless Buccaneers could be the best 0-8 squad ever
Thirty-four teams have started 0-8 since the 1970 merger, but only the 1976 Buccaneers (0-14) and 2008 Lions (0-16) finished without a win or tie. Despite equality in record, the performances of this year's 0-8 teams could not be more different. But there's one interesting commonality -- each team could lay claim to a dubious distinction in an entirely different way:
• Tampa Bay can legitimately claim to be the best 0-8 team ever.
• Jacksonville has been the least competitive team since the merger.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Jets-Bills game moved to Monday in Detroit
- Blount returns to Patriots on new deal
- Union appeals NFL's 'unlawful' Peterson ban
- NFL: Games dominating TV airwaves this fall