The amazing awfulness of the Jags
Meanwhile, the winless Buccaneers could be the best 0-8 squad ever
- USA TODAY SportsThe Jags and Bucs have reached 0-8 in very different ways.
Thirty-four teams have started 0-8 since the 1970 merger, but only the 1976 Buccaneers (0-14) and 2008 Lions (0-16) finished without a win or tie. Despite equality in record, the performances of this year's 0-8 teams could not be more different. But there's one interesting commonality -- each team could lay claim to a dubious distinction in an entirely different way:
• Tampa Bay can legitimately claim to be the best 0-8 team ever.
• Jacksonville has been the least competitive team since the merger.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Pack ink Shields to 4-year, $39M deal
- Reece: Raiders must be 'fearless' in offseason
- Jags, ex-Seahawk Bryant reach 4-year deal
- Cowboys' Romo says he's on pace for OTAs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
Todd McShay's new mock has the Texans taking a QB at No. 1, but it's not Johnny Manziel.
- Rawlings Jacksonville Jaguars Full-Size Autograph Football
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation
- Free-Agent Tracker