The amazing awfulness of the Jags
Meanwhile, the winless Buccaneers could be the best 0-8 squad ever
Thirty-four teams have started 0-8 since the 1970 merger, but only the 1976 Buccaneers (0-14) and 2008 Lions (0-16) finished without a win or tie. Despite equality in record, the performances of this year's 0-8 teams could not be more different. But there's one interesting commonality -- each team could lay claim to a dubious distinction in an entirely different way:
• Tampa Bay can legitimately claim to be the best 0-8 team ever.
• Jacksonville has been the least competitive team since the merger.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- 'Beast Mode' pop-up store doing brisk sales
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict
- Player: Seahawks miffed over HGH tests