The amazing awfulness of the Jags
Meanwhile, the winless Buccaneers could be the best 0-8 squad ever
Thirty-four teams have started 0-8 since the 1970 merger, but only the 1976 Buccaneers (0-14) and 2008 Lions (0-16) finished without a win or tie. Despite equality in record, the performances of this year's 0-8 teams could not be more different. But there's one interesting commonality -- each team could lay claim to a dubious distinction in an entirely different way:
• Tampa Bay can legitimately claim to be the best 0-8 team ever.
• Jacksonville has been the least competitive team since the merger.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lions table talks with Suh until after season
- Giants set lofty 70 percent goal for Manning
- NFL VP defends length of Rice suspension
- Source: Gordon hires former Sherman rep
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Franklin Jacksonville Jaguars Kids' Deluxe Uniform Set