Who should make a big deal?
A run at Adrian Peterson or Josh Gordon would make sense for these teams
The NFL's trade deadline is coming up on Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET.
Historically, in-season trades have been timid compared to other leagues, but we have seen some excitement in recent years, with the Patriots trading Randy Moss to Minnesota in 2010 and this season's stunning deal of Trent Richardson from the Browns to the Colts.
We probably will see some action in the coming days, but the question is what should we see? The perfect in-season trade would ideally involve these two components:
- A contender in need of a final piece to the championship puzzle or a key injury replacement.
- A team not going anywhere this season that has value worth giving up now to improve in the long term with a draft pick next year.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Giants' Wilson (neck) has tests, won't practice
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel