Bigger, taller, faster
There's a simple model for discovering sleeper WRs -- it involves CeeLo Green
THE STATHEADS WHO evaluate athletes for teams don't crunch data because they love numbers for their own sake. (That's my job.) Their primary mission is to find value: to identify winning skills or patterns among players before other clubs do and gain a competitive edge on the cheap. And prospecting for value doesn't always require metrics with esoteric acronyms like RAPM or wRC+. Sometimes the stats we need, as fans or fantasy owners, are staring us in the face. When it comes to finding sleeper wide receivers, they're as simple as size and speed.
To read more about Peter Keating's model for discovering WRs (it involves CeeLo Green!), you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Repetitive Lynch: 'Here so I won't get fined'
- Browner stands by comments on targeting
- Patriots' Blount: Seahawks D 'not immortal'
- Ex-Patriots RB Tatupu had CTE, family says
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Dallas Cowboys Merchandising Youth Miles Austin Navy T-shirt