The coming 49ers depth charge
San Francisco's future is in good shape, with draft the key
It says a lot about the current state of your football team when even a critique turns into a compliment. Try this knock on the 49ers, for instance: Their 2012 draft could be a total bust.
Hey -- it might be. Depending on what happens with LaMichael James, who's sitting on 30 carries and 135 yards so far in his career, the class might not yield anything at all. James was the Round 2 pick, and first-rounder A.J. Jenkins is already gone, traded to K.C. for Jon Baldwin, who caught two passes for 19 yards in his one game so far this season. And that could really be it.
But here's that compliment: It probably won't matter.
To read more about why the 49ers will be even better in 2014, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey San Francisco 49ers Vernon Davis #85