Will flaws expose the Patriots?
New England may sit at 2-0, but significant issues could derail them
Teams that start 2-0 tend to fare well in their quest to make the playoffs. According to ESPN Stats & Information, clubs that begin their season with consecutive wins have made it to the postseason 63 percent of the time since 1990.
The New England Patriots look to be a potential beneficiary of this trend with their 2-0 start, yet that beginning actually masks a number of metric and game tape elements New England will need to overcome if it wants to live up to its current record.
To read more about why there could be a slide ahead for the Patriots, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Charles, Chiefs agree on extension
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Suggs wants Flacco to be more vocal leader
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey New England Patriots Rob Gronkowski #87