Will flaws expose the Patriots?
New England may sit at 2-0, but significant issues could derail them
Teams that start 2-0 tend to fare well in their quest to make the playoffs. According to ESPN Stats & Information, clubs that begin their season with consecutive wins have made it to the postseason 63 percent of the time since 1990.
The New England Patriots look to be a potential beneficiary of this trend with their 2-0 start, yet that beginning actually masks a number of metric and game tape elements New England will need to overcome if it wants to live up to its current record.
To read more about why there could be a slide ahead for the Patriots, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Martin on 49ers: 'It's a blank slate for me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint New England Patriots Rob Gronkowski Panoramic Photo Mint