FA Watch: Seattle now NFC's best
Why Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril make Seattle the NFC's top team
You can't win the Super Bowl in free agency, but you can do certain things to get you closer to it.
That's what the Seattle Seahawks hoped to achieve with some of the moves they made this offseason, and after a dominant defensive display against the San Francisco 49ers in Week 2, it's looking like an already strong defense is that much better. Free-agent signings Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril are already making their presence felt and are part of the reason why we can start saying the Seahawks aren't merely playoff contenders. After those two additions, the Seahawks are the best team in the NFC.
To read more about why the Seahawks are the team to beat in the NFC because of their free-agent acquisitions, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Charles, Chiefs agree on extension
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Suggs wants Flacco to be more vocal leader
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Photo File San Francisco 49ers Colin Kaepernick Framed Photo