Why Titans can make the playoffs
Tennessee needs Jake Locker to continue his good decision-making
Opportunity is knocking in the AFC. The conference is represented by only six of the top 16 teams in the current ESPN Power Rankings and has eight of the bottom 11 teams on that list. This disparity means it might not take much of a jump in performance to move a borderline AFC club into bona fide playoff contention.
One team that could be in prime shape to take advantage of this is the Tennessee Titans. Mike Munchak's squad finished 6-10 last season, but a closer look at their metrics from both last season and their impressive Week 1 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers illustrates a viable postseason path for the Titans.
To read more about why the Tennessee Titans can make the playoffs, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Bucs sign DT McCoy to $98 million extension
- Union: NFL, Ravens not helping in Rice probe
- Titans RB Greene arrested on multiple charges
- Lions' Mosley suspended, sent back to U.S.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Toddler Home Game Jersey Tennessee Titans Chris Johnson #28