Big Board: The next 25
These were players also considered for the first 2014 NFL draft Big Board
- Joe Robbins/Getty ImagesRyan Shazier of Ohio State will be a contender for the Big Ten defensive player of the year.
The pool I consider for the first Big Board of the year usually consists of about 50 to 60 players. In a nutshell, I'd consider that group all capable of achieving first-round consideration in the 2014 NFL draft, and I fully expect a number of other players to emerge. Since I'm sure you're curious to see beyond the Big Board, I've added the next 25.
As with the Big Board, all juniors and draft-eligible sophomores have been noted with an asterisk.
More Kiper NFL draft content:First 2014 Big Board | The next 25 | Remixing the 2013 draft
26. Ryan Shazier *, LB, Ohio St.
One of the most instinctive LBs in college football; the only question is size.
27. Brandon Coleman *, WR, Rutgers
A huge target at 6-foot-5, Coleman can overwhelm most cornerbacks.
28. De'Anthony Thomas *, RB/WR, Oregon
To see the prospects who were next in line for the first 2014 Big Board, and to gain access to all of Insider's NFL draft content, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Judge says Sharper can't be held indefinitely
- Source: Vikings to re-sign Cassel for 2 years
- Saints release veteran receiver Moore
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation
- Free-Agent Tracker