Ed Reed's impact on the Texans
With Reed but without Glover Quin, is Houston a better team?
Less than two months after earning his first Super Bowl ring, veteran safety Ed Reed will reportedly leave the only team he has played for during his illustrious 11-year career and join another AFC heavyweight, the Houston Texans.
The move can be examined in the context of how Reed -- seven years older than Quin -- physically compares to Quin at this point in his career, but that would be ignoring the intangible values that Reed brings from a leadership and communication standpoint.
While Reed may not match Quin's athletic ability these days, the veteran safety makes the Texans a better football team and will help keep Houston among the AFC's elite.
To read the rest of the article on if the Houston Texans are better with Ed Reed, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers tops Watt, collects 2nd MVP award
- Seau, Bettis, Shields among 8 in HOF class
- Cardinals' Arians wins 2nd coach of year honor
- Watt 1st unanimous DPOY; Murray honored
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- Nike Men's Houston Texans Legend Elite Font Navy Performance T-shirt