Best, worst franchise tags of 2013
While the Chiefs chose wisely, Cowboys gambling on Anthony Spencer
After a league-record 21 franchise tags were used in 2012, only eight players received that designation in 2013. But even with a vastly reduced number of tags, a pair of them stood out -- one for all the right reasons, and another that appears to hinge entirely on a sack stat that doesn't tell the whole story. Here's a look at the best and worst use of the franchise tag for 2013.
To read more on the best and worst franchise tags of 2013, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Talib gets $57M deal from Broncos
- Dolphins trade Martin to 49ers for draft pick
- Saints RB Sproles: 'I want to get released'
- Saints sign RB Thomas to 2-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- '47 Brand Men's Kansas City Chiefs Red Clean-Up Adjustable Hat