Offseason Playbook: Ravens
A look at Baltimore's philosophy, team needs and a key free-agent move
In a new offseason series, Insider takes an in-depth look at NFL teams before free agency begins on March 12. What is each team's philosophy on offense and defense, biggest needs and one player who could make for an ideal signing in free agency?
Offense -- As much publicity as this pass offense generates, running the football is still very important for the Ravens. They can show a physical two-back look with fullback Vonta Leach and running back Ray Rice, or they can go to one-back sets and spread things out. They have gone from a power man-blocking offensive line to more zone schemes and even an occasional stretch play. Rice is an excellent one cut-and-go back.
To see the rest of the file on the offseason for the Baltimore Ravens, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- 'Beast Mode' pop-up store doing brisk sales
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict
- Player: Seahawks miffed over HGH tests
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- Nike Men's Baltimore Ravens Legend Elite Logo Grey Performance T-shirt