It might look like visiting Denver is an easy pick, but not so fast
After a one-week reprieve, we're back to the Thursday night stinkers that are best for gambling and fantasy. Just the way I like it.
Tonight's Denver Broncos-Oakland Raiders game has playoff implications only for the Broncos, winners of seven straight and contenders for a first-round bye. Peyton Manning has emerged as the favorite for league MVP and possibly comeback player of the year (likely competing with Adrian Peterson for both). The looming possibility of a Broncos-Colts playoff matchup has fans giddy.
The big story coming out of Oakland this week has been the possibility of the Raiders turning back to their old coach Jon Gruden. With the Raiders, nothing is ever discounted. Nutty possibilities always seem realistic. Since Gruden departed after the 2001 season, Oakland has had seven coaches. Two of them, Art Shell and Hue Jackson, only lasted a year, so it wouldn't be without precedent for the Raiders to dump Dennis Allen after his first year.
According to ESPN PickCenter, the public is backing the Broncos at a solid 57.2 percent rate. In related news, the public backs all favorites that are 10 points or more 100 percent of the time.
Spread: Opened Broncos minus-9.5, now minus-10
Total: Opened at 49, now 48
To read more about how to bet tonight's game between the Denver Broncos and Oakland Raiders, become an Insider today.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Brady: Feelings hurt, but moving on to XLIX
- Hernandez jury seated; storm to delay start
- Sherman: Goodell won't punish Kraft's Pats
- Giants' Beckham Jr.: 'Was never fully healthy'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Fantasy Football Week 14
The fantasy playoffs are starting in many leagues this week. Will Andrew Luck be part of your playoff plans after being a fantasy afterthought early on?
Fantasy Football Tools• Week 14 Projections
• Roster Advisor
• 2012 Scoring Leaders | Points Against
• Most Added/Dropped (Past 7 days)
• NFL Nation blog
• Week 14 fantasy inactives | Full inactives list
Week 14 Rankings
• Harris: The Hard Count
• Berry: Week 14 Love/Hate list
• Cockcroft: Consistency Ratings
• Carpenter: Gridiron Challenge preview
• Harris: Free-agent finds for Week 14
• Harris: Instant Impressions from Week 13
Bell Injury Blog
• Karabell: Four Downs from Sunday's games
• Kavanagh: Week 14 cheat sheet
• Karabell: Sneaky pickups
• Karabell: Week 14 flex rankings
• Karabell: Week 14 rankings reaction
• Pro FB Focus: Breakout players for 2013
• Football Outsiders: Good/bad matchups
• Karabell: 2012 season rankings update
• Joyner: Potential 2013 keeper RBs
• Goal-Line Grid: Through Week 13
• Karabell: Four Downs -- Week 13 recap
• Friday: Fantasy Football Now
• Thursday: Berry's Love/Hate
• Wednesday: Fantasy Focus on rankings
• Wednesday: Broncos-Raiders preview
• Tuesday: Colin Kaepernick's value
• Monday: Fantasy Focus -- Week 13 stars
• Monday: Jets quarterback situation
• Monday: DeMarco Murray's value
• Fri. Focus: Week 14 preview
• Thu. Focus: Berry explains his ranks
• Underground: J. Dwyer, Golden Tate ...
• Wed. Focus: Packers RBs, 2013 QBs
• Tue. Focus: MNF recap, injury updates
• Mon. Focus: Week 13 recap
• Friday, 11 a.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Thursday, 3 p.m. ET: KC Joyner
• Thursday, 2 p.m. ET: Matthew Berry
• Thursday, 11 a.m. ET: Christopher Harris
• Wednesday, 11 a.m. ET: Eric Karabell
• Tuesday, 3 p.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Tuesday, 11 a.m. ET: AJ Mass
• Monday, 11 a.m. ET: Tristan H. Cockcroft