Peyton vs. Texans' pressure
Denver has kept heat off its QB, but Houston presents steep challenge
You've heard that controlling the line of scrimmage is critical to winning in football. It's a phrase that can mean a lot of things, but for the passing game, it means controlling pressure on the quarterback.
This weekend has a matchup of two teams that are good at this quarterback-pressure game. The Texans are good at getting pressure on a quarterback, and they meet the Broncos, which -- especially with Peyton Manning -- are very good at avoiding it.
Still, Houston's preferred method of pressure raises some interesting issues for Manning and the Broncos.
To see how pass rush pressure will affect the Texans-Broncos game, you must be an ESPN Insider. Sign up today!
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Ex-Seahawks CB Thurmond signs with Giants
- Source: Pace re-signs with Jets for 2 years
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 3 COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Alternate Limited Jersey Houston Texans J.J. Watt #99