Offseason Blueprint: Titans
Tennessee's projected lineup, cap situation, free-agent and draft targets
KC Joyner, Todd McShay, Field Yates | ESPN Insider
NFL Insider: Roster Development
Links to every team:
With the 2014 NFL scouting combine in the rearview mirror and free agency about to begin, Insider's experts have produced an Offseason Blueprint for all 32 NFL teams. Included are each team's offseason priorities, projected 2014 lineups, draft and free-agency targets, cap situation and much more.
This is the Offseason Blueprint for the Tennessee Titans.
What management's to-do list should include this offseason.
1. The Titans need to trim some money from their payroll, and their cap casualties could/should include RB Chris Johnson ($10 million), DE Kamerion Wimbley ($7.8M), RT David Stewart ($6.4M) and QB Ryan Fitzpatrick ($4.1M).
2. New head coach Ken Whisenhunt must determine how he sees the future of QB Jake Locker unfolding. Locker is an unrestricted free agent in 2015, and if Fitzpatrick is released for cap reasons (or performance reasons), as many as two major transactions could take place at the position between now and the beginning of training camp.
3. Whisenhunt is going to want to run the ball well in Tennessee the way his San Diego Chargers offense did last season, which is why the development of 2013 first-round pick Chance Warmack and getting the performance value needed from big-ticket '13 free-agent signing Andy Levitre is critical.
To read Insider's full article on the Titans' offseason priorities, projected 2014 lineup and cap situation, free-agent and draft targets and more, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Suspended WR Blackmon arrested for pot
- Source: Pack's Nelson wants $10M per year
- Vikings coach Priefer apologizes for remark