Offseason Blueprint: Eagles
Philadelphia's projected lineup, cap situation, free-agent and draft targets
John Clayton, KC Joyner, Mel Kiper | ESPN Insider
NFL Insider: Roster Development
Links to every team:
With the 2014 NFL scouting combine in the rearview mirror and free agency about to begin, Insider's experts have produced the Offseason Blueprint series, a comprehensive look at the offseasons for all 32 NFL teams. Included are each team's offseason priorities, projected 2014 lineups, draft and free-agency targets, cap situation and much more.
This is the Offseason Blueprint for the Philadelphia Eagles.
What management's to-do list should include this offseason.
1. Addressing the No. 2 QB spot is key. With the likely departure of Michael Vick, is Matt Barkley really the guy the Eagles want to carry the torch if Nick Foles were to get injured? I wouldn't want to take that chance.
2. Addressing both specialist positions must be a priority, first with deciding what the long-term projection is for free-agent punter Donnie Jones. They also have to decide what the future is for place-kicker Alex Henery, who is coming off his worst season as a pro in terms of accuracy on field goals (82.1 percent). Henery will be an unrestricted free agent in 2015, so odds are that you will see someone brought in to provide serious competition for him this offseason and/or replace him going forward.
3. They have re-signed Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin, but they may not be done making moves at the skill positions. DeSean Jackson's name has come up in trade rumors, and it wouldn't be a surprise (whether Jackson is dealt or not) if the Eagles look to add a receiver or another skill-position player in the draft.
To read Insider's full article on the Eagles' offseason priorities, projected 2014 lineup and cap situation, free-agent and draft targets and more, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- Source: Johnson reports to Texans' camp
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games