5 big names on chopping block
Big money, limited production may force some to restructure deals or be cut
The beginning of the offseason is upon us. NFL teams generally have a good idea of what they are going to do with their rosters at this point, but each step toward improvement comes with sacrifices. For most teams, that means the end of blind loyalty: It's time to find a new salary-cap number or a new home for players who saw an unexpected decline.
Here are five big-name candidates who are likely to find themselves in a new city or with a much smaller contract come August.
To read the rest of Rivers McCown's analysis on potential cap casualties, sign up for Insider today.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Pack sign WR Nelson to contract extension
- Jaguars WR Shorts out with hamstring strain
- Johnny Manziel: I've made 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- 5th & Ocean Women's Tennessee Titans Full-Zip Navy Fleece Hoodie